Throughout the New Testament, principles of church leadership point to a central theme—plurality. As modeled by Scripture, Faith Christian Community is led by a plurality of leaders known as elders. The elders are comprised of members selected from the church body who rely on loving debate with the goal of unity. This structure creates a healthy checks-and-balances of leadership direction, financial accountability, spiritual guidance, and ministry implementation.
Faith Christian Community has operated under these biblical principles in its leadership structure since establishment. The church is blessed with over six decades of biblical leadership ensuring God-honoring leadership and pastoral care. We honor our past as we look to the future with confidence, thanks to the servant leadership these seasoned disciples of Christ provide.
Faith Christian Community elders provide spiritual oversight, vision, direction, and leadership of the church and its mission, entrusting the implementation of that mission to staff ministry leaders and deacons who are supported by ministry staff. Staff leadership is accountable for following the elders' vision and direction, and executing the mission. This system of organizational leadership, known as Policy Governance, allows the elders to focus on their biblical mandate to lead and shepherd the church, while allowing staff ministry leaders and deacons the opportunity to maximize the use of their gifts and talents as they lead their respective ministries in accordance with the vision and mission provided by the elders.
The tasks and responsibilities of the elders require discernment as they strive to keep the church on a biblical course. The elders tackle key issues facing the church.
• Determine the overall vision and mission of the church
• Approve policies defining church values and biblical operating procedures
• Ensure the church’s teachings and practices reflect accurate biblical theology
• Assure avenues for pastoral care, conflict resolution, discipline, and restoration
• Provide direction and approval on financial or risk-management issues
• Assure continuity and alignment between the church, The Center, and the
Faith Daycare & Learning Center
• Provide staff elder (pastor) oversight, ensure the values are adhered to,
vision is being followed, and mission is being carried out